Thursday, May 5, 2016

Ah, Spring!

There's no better time of year to take advantage of the close proximity of the Avenues foothills than spring.  The hills are green, the mountains are white, and the views simply spectacular.  Yesterday was especially nice with sunny skies and a high of 82ºF.  


We're fortunate to have wilderness and the BST at the offing, but development continues below protected areas.   Below is a new McMansion going in just east of Ensign Peak.  I'm no geologist, but I'm not sure this is the best place to build a house given the rocks and boulders that have calved off the cliffs above.  Society exists by geologic consent, subject to change without notice.


It always amazes me how much aspect affects the ecology in Utah.  As arid as the south aspects are, it's pretty lush still on north aspects.  Last week the flowers were in bloom here too, but they are past peak now.


Graduation celebrations and ceremonies here at the U are today and tomorrow.  Congrats to the class of 2016.

1 comment:

  1. Funny...we've never met but I recognize u from Wednesday, I was descending that trail as u were coming up...even funnier, I was thinking the same thing and was wondering when I'd be ascending that trail next only to come over the brunt of that climb to find a huge boulder in that silly home's living room. Stupid is as stupid does.

    ReplyDelete