Sunday, February 19, 2012

Egg on Face

Source: http://joshywashington.wordpress.com
The frontal band came overnight, but was much weaker than I expected.

Source: NCAR/RAL
As of 6 am, only .18" of SWE and 2" of snow at Alta-Collins.  Maybe another inch or two out of the frontal band this morning and then we'll have to hope for the post-frontal stuff to get going.  All in all, my worst forecast of the year as I was counting on Mother Nature to be more productive overnight. That being said, given good forecast model consistency over the past couple of days, I'm not sure I would have gone for such low accumulations.  Sometimes you live by the models and die by the models.

The only way to recover from such a beating is to head out anyway, in search of powder...

4 comments:

  1. This year I'm betting on splitting storms, missing storms, no storms, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this blog. Awesome! Thanks for being a weenie, because every skier in Utah is a weenie this year.

    Thanks again for your musings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As of 1300 hours, that was a sad little storm, still got up early and made tracks. To cold to fly fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should go to Grand Targhee. This weekend was probably one of the best pow days of my life and they are just going to get pounded all week.

    ReplyDelete