Monday, December 5, 2011

The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful

I typically hate to travel for work during the ski season.  When I do, it's an almost sure bet that a big dump will hit the Wasatch.

Well, for once I've timed things right.  I'm in San Francisco this week for the Fall Meeting of the American Geophysical Union.  The weather forecast is absolutely brilliant...


...and the beer here is great too.  I just took a look at the GFS forecast for the next 7 days and there isn't a drop of precipitation in it for the Wasatch Range.  If I can paraphrase the Grand Targhee slogan, it looks like snow from hoses, not heaven, is about all we'll be seeing the next week.  What a bummer.  Things are really starting to get depressing.  Let's hope the pattern changes soon.

3 comments:

  1. Having a little surgery Wed. Good choice on that! My being out of skiing for a week +2 should change the pattern:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Wx is Here, ..."

    Great, now I have a terrible Jimmy Buffet song stuck in my head.

    Thanks Jim ;-)

    ReplyDelete