Tuesday, May 24, 2011

U2 Forecast


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of a good U2 song that is weather related.  Bullet the Blue Sky uses weather in a metaphorical sense, but that is such a strong protest song that it doesn't seem appropriate to use it for weather.  Thus, the video above is simply of one of the great live songs from an era when my generation realized we were witnessing what would become the biggest band in the world.

I just took a look at the latest (0600 UTC) model runs and I'm optimistic that the weather will improve for the show this evening.  The NAM and GFS are bringing in drier air and are stabilizing things aloft.  The NAM model sounding for 8 PM MST, just before U2 takes the stage (scheduled for 8:45) looks pretty good with a healthy stable layer down to about 650 mb.


Keep your fingers crossed the models are on track and it will be dry for the concert.  One aspect of the forecast is easy.  You can count on U2 to put on a great show.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment