Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Alta 700?

I suppose I shouldn't rely on such non-scientific estimates, but Alta does a good job collecting snow data and speculating on a seasonal total of 700" being reached is fun.

Alta was reporting a seasonal snowfall of 680" yesterday morning.  Since then, Alta-Collins has recorded 5" yesterday, 12" overnight, and 3" this morning.


Fortunately, I can do this math with all my fingers and toes: 680+5+12+3=700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether or not that will be the official party line from Alta, I don't know, but it's hard to imagine their PR department does math any differently than I.  Besides, there's another storm coming, so 700 is in the bag and the only questions now are will be get to a 200" base and will this ever end?  What is the Alta seasonal snowfall record?  Another storm is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment